Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering Intern
Design next-generation tensegrity robots using 3D CAD software. Prototype various designs. Evaluate the systems through controlled experiments (e.g., drop-testing robot from an unmanned aerial vehicle) and document the testing results in detail. Work will focus on the robot’s mechanical structure and tight integration with the sensing electronics.
- Design robot systems using 3D CAD
- Generate mechanical drawings with proper geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) for machining
- Machine and fabricate hardware prototypes
- Select purchased components after specifications and testing
- Develop system test plans and perform verification testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or currently pursuing degree with relevant experience)
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical system design
- 3D CAD experience with SolidWorks; experience with PDM is a plus
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools, such as laser cutting, 3D printing, etc.
- Machining experience is a plus
- Hands-on experience with product development from concept to production release
- Experience with Carbon Fiber or other Composites is a plus
- FEA simulation experience is a plus
- Basic electrical prototyping (e.g., Arduino) is a plus
- Experience with Ingress Protection (IP rating, e.g., waterproofing) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and inquisitive
How to Apply:
Please send email to email@example.com with your resume and portfolio. Subject line should be in the format: Internship Application – [position] (e.g., Internship Application — Mechanical Engineer).
Please include examples of SolidWorks (or equivalent) projects