UI and Data Analytics Engineer
As the Software Engineer focusing on User Interface (UI) and Data Analytics, you will provide the next generation of tensegrity robots with the analytics capability to enable multiple hardware platforms to make intelligent inferences from gathered data. You will also design and test an intuitive UI for operating and interacting with the robot and its collected data; such development may include working with Android and/or Apple apps or physical handheld controllers. Data Analytics responsibilities will include developing models and methods for sensor fusion built on probabilistic Bayesian approaches. Some prior knowledge of open-source Python data science and machine learning packages such as Pandas, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow is preferred. Deliverables should be motivated by human-centered design methods such as user studies and interviews.
Occasional interface with embedded software or the electrical engineering team may be required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- UI design (e.g., apps, physical controller)
- Excellent documentation and code management
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams such as with Embedded Electronics / Software engineers
- Work on a project team to develop products on schedule with desired quality and cost
- Experience with App development, C/C++, and Python
- Human-robot interaction background research (e.g., interviewing potential users)
- Past experience working with ROS and robotics is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Machine learning projects/experience
- Highly organized and inquisitive
How to Apply:
Please include a portfolio with example projects (e.g., Working App).