Robotics Controls Engineer
As a Robotics Controls Engineer, you will join our growing engineering team and focus on the locomotion and sensing for the next generation of tensegrity robots for emergency response and wildfire/climate change mitigation. You will develop control policies for dynamic tensegrity locomotion, with emphasis for creating and testing energy-efficient robust controllers that work in a variety of difficult terrain (e.g., inclined slopes, uneven surfaces, etc.) under uncertainty and sensor noise. Other priorities include intelligent state estimation, path planning, and experience with perception (e.g., cameras, audio, inertial, and chemical sensors). You will likely also perform some software development and occasional mechanical design and manufacturing work as appropriate. You will work closely with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to ensure that your solutions are rolled out in the next generation of our platform.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a focus in Controls, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with model-based optimal control (i.e., model predictive control) and state estimation.
- Proficient with Python/MATLAB.
- Working knowledge of Linux, and Git.
- Basic mechanical skills (e.g., basic CAD, 3D printing, hand tools).
- Past experience working with ROS and robotics is a plus.
- Tensorflow (or equivalent), artificial intelligence, and machine learning experience is a plus.
- Past experience with embedded systems is a plus.
- Past project experience with model predictive control.
- Machine learning skills (deep reinforcement learning is a plus).
How to Apply:
Please include a portfolio with example projects.