Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will join our engineering team, and take charge of the design, prototype, and deployment of new features for the next generation of tensegrity robots.
You will take charge of the currently existing design and prototype various design changes based on customer feedback and internal discussion to deliver new capabilities for the user. Systems to be designed include impact protection, electronics enclosure, and drone mechanisms. You will be working in collaboration with our customer development team and electrical engineers, and will also be in charge of fabricating small (< 10 units) production runs of robots, when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Associate’s Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical system design.
- 3D CAD experience with SolidWorks or similar software and GD&T.
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools, such as laser cutting, 3D printing, etc.
- Hands-on experience with product development from concept to production release.
- Experience with PDM.
- Machining (Bridgeport Mill, Lathes) experience.
- FEA simulation experience.
- Experience with carbon fiber or other composites.
- Basic electrical prototyping (e.g., Arduino and breadboard).
- Experience with hobbyist drones.
How to Apply:
Please include a portfolio with example projects.