Embedded Systems Engineer
As an Embedded Systems Engineer, you will join our growing engineering team and focus on the design and construction of small volume production runs of electronic systems for the next generation of tensegrity robots.
You will take charge of the Hardware/Firmware Stack for electronic sensors and actuators that operate in harsh, austere environments (e.g., disaster sites, chemical leak sites, forest fires, etc.). Specific systems to be designed involve actuators, gas sensors, wireless transmission, engineering sensors, and battery management systems. You will be working in collaboration with our engineering team – including mechanical, controls, and full stack software engineers to deliver a full product.
The goal is to make rapid iterative progress on the designs and to fabricate small (< 10) production runs of key PCB assemblies for customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Realtime firmware development in C/C++ on microcontrollers.
- Prior experience with Single Board Computers.
- Experience with interfacing with peripheral devices such as: encoders, electric actuators, motors (BDC, BLDC, stepper), sensors (capacitive, IR, etc.).
- Some electrical prototyping experience.
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in printed circuit board PCB) design and manufacturing (Eagle, Altium, or similar software), preferably including use of Surface Mount Devices (SMD ) components.
- New board bring-up.
- Wireless communications (Bluetooth LE, 3G/4G LTE, WiFi, LoRa, etc.).
- Prior use of hardware cameras (NTSC/PAL, MIPI / SCI).
- Low-power circuit design.
- Have experience implementing Agile software development and testing to promote release management.
How to Apply:
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and portfolio. Subject line should be in the format: Application – [position] (e.g., Application — Mechanical Design Engineer).
Please include a portfolio with example projects.